Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Friday, November 27, 2015

Enchanting Lilac Gown to add to the Exquisite Gown Series



I don't often get long periods of time to create, and when they do come around, it's such a treat to 
pull out a piece of mixed media paper and start filling up my tray of  paints, stamps, ribbons, laces and whatever inspires me at the moment.  Here's a lovely gown with beautiful textures on the coat and skirt. The photo looked so shabby elegant and inspired me to add her to the Exquisite Gown Series.  By the way. How many items is considered a collection or series?  Is three enough?  Hmmm...as long as I'm feeling the inspiration, I'll make a few more. ;)

Before I start to work, I gather all my supplies on a tray and then I work out some techniques, stamps, and tests colors.  My intent was to choose the best of what was on the sample page, and then start again on a new piece of paper. In this case, I used my sample page as my background.You can see all the juxtapositions of textures, patterns, stamping and colors. Looks busy, but kind of interesting. 



Thanks for looking. I hope you come back to visit the next gown.

30 comments:

  1. Wow! This is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a masterpiece ... loveeeeeeeeeeeeee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This screams elegance! Stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And another stunning page. Your style is byeond words... amazing and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely a marvel to behold Joyce...my face is a few inches away from my monitor just admiring all the luscious textures you have going on in your background, I'm loving the crackle looking pattern on the left hand side, just beautiful. Love the pale lavender....I hope this series continues.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! So beautiful and elegant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks 'kind of interesting'? This is such an understatement! This is AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will follow your gown series for as long as possible.... great great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really appreciate that you gave an example of how you personally work through a layout page... just started doing that myself recently in an art Journal but I ought to do it on my mixed media paper just like you did. I use the canson mixed-media paper like you do and it is something I need to be in the habit of doing :-) so thank you for this post. (Amazing layout too lol)

    ReplyDelete