Quotes

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Steampunk-Gone-Glam


This is my first attemp at steampunk and, of coure, I had to "elegantize" it to glam it up a little bit.  I have use the Kosher Salt technique that I posted in an earlier post, I think it added a lot of texture and interest in this mini-album I created to house the techniques and/or tutorials I have posted this year.  The corrugated cardboard was ripped and torn in various places to showcase the finely detailed Imaginarium and Leaky Shed chipboard pieces that were assembled together to make it look "steampunkish".  The salt technique was added to some areas of the chipboard as well.  Originally, this started off as a tag but then I thought it would be more appealing to use as a cover to house the tutorials that were enclosed in clear sheet protectors that I cut down to size and sewn at the botton.
Hope you find some inspiration here to create your own mini-album book. Let me know if you use the salt technique so that I might drop by your blog and see what you did with it.  Thank you for stopping by.

Some close ups are below:


 
 
 


39 comments:

  1. Beautiful !! I love the colors and the texture, there are so many details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Joyce this is stunning!! I love how you used mixed media techniques you are a pro!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I love what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce, this is beautiful! Especially love the tones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really beautiful Joyce, the colours are magical, the texture amazing.... and I just love how you combined cardboard, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce this is amazing!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW.. this is stunning Joyce. I can't believe this is your first attempt..looks like your a pro already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. truly inspiring work, love the colours, brown and blue together, so vintage and steampunky, love it, going back to see again :) have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great work! love this aged feel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH! This is just fantastic, Joyce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... scrolling through your blog is inspiring. I'm not generally a mixed media fan but you may have inspired me to play with it a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Telling you over and over again how amazing you are at all mixed-media techniques! sure doesn't look like a first attempt, more that of a pro's as one of the previous ladies said. This is gorgeous work again Joyce! have to check out the yummie details again, really do love the Kosher salt effect! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Очень понравился блокнот,я еще не пробовала их делать,надо будет сделать:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your steampunk cover, fantastic, now that is what I would like to do for some of my scrapbook covers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning... (found it via Pinterest) and I've already been for a quick flick around the rest of your blog, and am signing up as your newest avid follower!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous piece that I found on Pinterest, which like the above commenter, I've been browsing your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very beautiful. So nice to find Steampunk examples of paper craft projects. I love the elegant details. Very Victorian.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I appreciate this was a while ago but came across it on Pinterest? Absolutely wonderful & grungey steampunk. Will have to chk out your salt technique... Tfs & inspiration. I would love to achieve something of this style! :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful beautiful I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete